Standards Specification used for manufacturing Fasteners
Full Range of Fastener Products both Imperial & Metric. Dimensions range from M3 to M72 and quantities from 1 to 10,000.
|Hexagon Bolts / Set Screws||Stud Bolts||Hexagon Nuts||Socket Capscrews|
|DIN 931||BS4882||DIN 934||DIN 912|
|DIN 933||DIN 976||BS 1768||DIN 6912|
|BS 1768||BS 1769||DIN 7984|
|UNI 5731||BS 1083||ANSI B18.3|
|UNI 5739||BS 3692||ISO 4762|
|ISO 4014||ISO 4032||UNI 5931|
|ISO4017||ISO 4033||BS 2470|
|BS1769||ANSI B18.2.2||BS 4168|
|Socket & Slotted Set Screws||Socket & Slotted Countersunk Screws||Studs||Washers|
|DIN 913||DIN 963||DIN 938||DIN 125|
|DIN 914||DIN 7991||DIN 939||DIN 9021|
|DIN 915||BS 4168||DIN 2510||BS 4320|
|DIN 916||BS 1981||BS 4439||BS 3410|
|DIN 551||BS 483||BS 2693|
|DIN 553||BS 2470||Spring Washers|
|DIN 438||DIN 127|
|BS 4168||BS 4464|
|DIN: 84||IS: 1366-1982||ISO: 1207|
|DIN: 913 / 914 / 915 / 916||IS: 6094-1981||ISO: 4026|
|DIN: 963||IS: 1365-1978||ISO: 2009|
|DIN: 964||IS: 8911-1988||ISO: 2010|
|DIN: 7981||ISO: 7049|
|DIN: 7985||IS: 7483-1985||ISO: 7045|
|DIN: 7991||IS: 6761-1972||ISO: 7380|
|DIN: BS 450|
|DIN: 965||IS: 7485-1985||ISO: 7046|
|DIN: 7982||ISO: 7050|
|DIN: 125||IS: 2016-1967||ISO: 7089|
|DIN: 127||IS: 3063-1927|
|DIN: 603||ISO: 8677|
|DIN: 660||ISO: R-1051|
|DIN: 912||ISO: 4762|
|DIN: 982||IS: 7002-1972||ISO: 7040|
|DIN: 1587||IS: 7790-1975|
|DIN: 7982||ISO: 7050|
|DIN: 7985||IS: 7483-1985||ISO: 7045|
- ASME B1.1 Unified Inch Screw Threads (UN and UNR Thread Form)
- ASME B1.2 Gages and Gaging for Unified Inch Screw Threads
- ASME B1.3 Screw Thread Gaging Systems for Acceptability: Inch and Metric Screw Threads (UN, UNR, UNJ, M, and MJ)
- IFI-301 Gage Calibration Requirements and Procedures for Thread Gages
BOLTS, STUDS AND THREADED ROD SECTION
- ASME B18.2.1 Square, Hex, Heavy Hex, and Askew Head Bolts and Hex, Heavy Hex, Hex Flange, Lobed Head, and Lag Screws
- ASME B18.5 Round Head Bolts
- ASME B18.9 Plow Bolts
- ASME B18.10 Track Bolts and Nuts
- IFI -111 Hex Flange Screws
- IFI -199 Tap Bolts (Inch Series)
- ASME B18.31.2 Continuous Thread, Flange (Stud Bolt), and Double-End Studs
- ASME B18.31.3 Threaded Rods
- ASME B18.31.5 Bent Bolts (Inch Series)
- IFI-115 Flange 12-Point Screws
- IFI-148 Threaded Projection Weld Studs
- SAE J429 Mechanical and Material Requirements for Externally Threaded Fasteners
- ASTM A193/A193M Alloy Steel and Stainless Steel Bolting Materials for High Temperature Service
- ASTM A307 Carbon Steel Externally Threaded Standard Fasteners
- ASTM A320/A320M Alloy Steel Bolting Materials for Low Temperature Service
- ASTM A354 Quenched and Tempered Alloy Steel Bolts, Studs, and Other Externally Threaded Fasteners
- ASTM A394 Steel Transmission Tower Bolts, Zinc Coated and Bare
- ASTM A449 Hex Cap Screw, Bolts and Studs, Steel, Heat Treated, 120/105/90 ksi Minimum Tensile Strength, General Use
- ASTM A962/A962M Common Requirements For Bolting Intended For Use At Any Temperature From Cryogenic To The Creep Range
- ASTM F468 Nonferrous Bolts, Hex Cap Screws, and Studs for General Use
- ASTM F593 Stainless Steel Bolts, Hex Cap Screws, and Studs
- ASTM F1554 Anchor Bolts, Steel, 36, 55 and 105-ksi Yield Strength
- IFI-124 Test Procedure for the Performance of Nonmetallic Resistant Element Prevailing-Torque Screws
- IFI-125 Test Procedure for the Performance of Adhesive Coated Prevailing-Torque Screws
- MIL-DTL-1222J General Specification for Studs, Bolts, Screws and Nuts for Applications Where a High Degree of Reliability is Required
- ASME B18.3 Socket Cap, Shoulder, Set Screws, Hex, and Spline Keys
- ASTM A574 Alloy Steel Socket Head Cap Screws
- ASTM F835 Alloy Steel Socket Button and Flat Countersunk Head Cap Screw
- ASTM F837 Stainless Steel Socket Head Cap Screws
- ASTM F879 Stainless Steel Socket Button and Flat Countersunk Head Cap Screws
- ASTM F880 Stainless Steel Socket Set Screws
- ASTM F912 Alloy Steel Socket Set Screws
STRUCTURAL FASTENER SECTION
- ASME B18.2.6 Fasteners for Use in Structural Applications
- ASTM A325 Structural Bolts, Steel, Heat Treated, 120/105 ksi Minimum Tensile Strength
- ASTM A490 Structural Bolts, Alloy Steel, Heat Treated, 150 ksi Minimum Tensile Strength
- ASTM F959 Compressible-Washer-Type Direct Tension Indicators for Use with Structural Fasteners
- ASTM F1852 Twist Off Type Tension Control Structural Bolt/Nut/Washer Assemblies, Steel, Heat Treated 120/105 ksi Minimum Tensile Strength
- ASTM F2280 “Twist Off” Type Tension Control Structural Bolt/Nut/Washer Assemblies, Steel, Heat Treated, 150 ksi Minimum Tensile Strength
- ASME B18.2.2 Nuts for General Applications: Machine Screw Nuts, Hex, Square, Hex Flange, and Coupling Nuts
- ASME B18.6.9 Wing Nuts
- ASME B18.16.4 Serrated Hex Flange Locknuts: 90,000 psi
- ASME B18.16.6 Prevailing Torque Locknuts
- SAE J995 Mechanical and Material Requirements for Steel Nuts
- ASTM A194/A194M Carbon and Alloy Steel Nuts for Bolts for High Pressure or High Temperature Service, or Both
- ASTM A563 Carbon and Alloy Steel Nuts
- ASTM F467 Nonferrous Nuts for General Use
- ASTM F594 Stainless Steel Nuts
- IFI-101 Torque-Tension Requirements for Prevailing-Torque Type Steel Hex and Hex Flange Nuts
- IFI-155 Test Procedure for the Performance of Nonmetallic Resistant Element Prevailing-Torque Nuts IFI-160 Test Procedure for the Performance of Nuts with Pre-Applied Adhesive Coated Threads
- ASME B18.6.1 Wood Screws
- ASME B18.6.2 Slotted Head Cap Screws
- ASME B18.6.3 Machine Screws, Tapping Screws, and Metallic Drive Screws
- ASME B18.6.8 Thumb Screws and Wing Screws
- ASME B18.13 Screw and Washer Assemblies — SEMS
- IFI-113 Steel Self-Drilling Tapping Screws
- ASTM C954 Steel Drill Screws for the Application of Gypsum Panel Products or Metal Plaster Bases to Steel Studs from 0.033 in. (0.84 mm) to 0.112 in. (2.84 mm) in Thickness
- ASTM C1002 Steel Self-Piercing Tapping Screws for the Application of Gypsum Panel Products or Metal Plaster Bases to Wood Studs or Steel Studs
- ASTM C1513 Steel Tapping Screws for Cold-Formed Steel Framing Connections
- ASME B18.21.1 Washers: Helical Spring-Lock, Tooth Lock and Plain Washers
- ASTM F436 Hardened Steel Washers
- ASME B18.1.1 Small Solid Rivets 7/16 In. Nominal Diameter and Smaller
- ASME B18.1.2 Large Rivets 1/2 In. Nominal Diameter and Larger
- ASME B18.7 General Purpose Semi-Tubular Rivets, Full Tubular Rivets, Split Rivets and Rivet Caps
- IFI-110 Glossary of Terms Relating to Blind Rivets 943 IFI-114 Break Mandrel Blind Rivets
- IFI-116 Multi-Grip Break Mandrel Blind Rivets
- IFI-117 Pull Through Mandrel Blind Rivets
- IFI-119 Structural Flush Break Pull Mandrel Self-Plugging Blind Rivets
- IFI-123 Drive Pin Blind Rivets
- IFI-126 Break Mandrel Closed End Blind Rivets
- IFI-130 Structural Splitting Self-Plugging Pull Mandrel Blind Rivets
- IFI-134 Multi-Grip Flush Break Pull Mandrel Self-Plugging Blind Rivets
- IFI-135 Mechanical Testing of Blind Rivets
- IFI-137 Inspection and Quality Assurance for General Purpose Blind Rivets
- PIN SECTION ASME B18.8.1 Clevis Pins and Cotter Pins
- ASME B18.8.2 Taper Pins, Dowel Pins, Straight Pins, Grooved Pins, and Spring Pins
- ASTM B695 Coatings of Zinc Mechanically Deposited on Iron and Steel
- ASTM F1941 Electrodeposited Coatings on Threaded Fasteners
- ASTM F2329 Zinc Coating, Hot-Dip, Requirements for Application to Carbon and Alloy Steel Bolts, Screws, Washers, Nuts, and Special Threaded Fasteners
- ASME B18.2.9 Gage and Gaging for Bolts and Screws
- ASME B18.18 Quality Assurance for Fasteners
- ASTM A370 Standard Test Methods and Definitions for Mechanical Testing of Steel Products
- ASTM F606 Standard Test Methods for Determining the Mechanical Properties of Externally and Internally Threaded Fasteners,
- Washers, Direct Tension Indicators, and Rivets
- ASTM F788/F788M Surface Discontinuities of Bolts, Screws, and Studs, Inch and Metric Series
- ASTM F812/F812M Surface Discontinuities of Nuts, Inch and Metric Series 1172
- ASTM F1470 Standard Guide for Fastener Sampling for Specified Mechanical Properties and Performance Inspection
- IFI-143 Test for Evaluating the Torque-Tension Relationship on Both Externally and Internally Threaded Fasteners 1184
The American Society for Testing and Materials is an international standards organization that develops and publishes voluntary consensus technical standards for a wide range of materials, products, systems, and services.
- ASTM A193 Alloy steel and stainless steel bolting materials for high temperature or high pressure service.
- ASTM A307 Carbon steel bolts and studs, 60,000 psi tensile strength.
- ASTM A320 Alloy steel and stainless steel bolting materials for low temperature service.
- ASTM A325 Structural bolts, steel, heat treated, 120/105 ksi minimum tensile strength.
- ASTM A354 Quenched and tempered alloy bolts, studs, and other externally threaded fasteners.
- ASTM A449 Quenched and tempered steel bolts and studs for general use.
- ASTM A490 Structural bolts, alloy steel, heat treated, 150 ksi minimum tensile strength.
- ASTM F593 Stainless steel bolts, hex cap screws, and studs.
- ASTM F1554 Anchor bolts designed to anchor structural supports to concrete foundations.
- ASTM F3125 New, unified structural bolt specification replacing A325, A325M, A490, A490M, F1852, and F2280
Casting / Forging Specifications
- ASTM A47 Ferritic malleable castings intended for general use.
- ASTM A48 Gray iron castings intended for general use.
- ASTM A536 Castings made of ductile iron, also called spheroidal or nodular iron.
- ASTM A668 Untreated and heat-treated carbon and alloy steel forging for general industrial use.
- ASTM A194 Carbon and alloy steel nuts for bolts for high pressure and high temperature service.
- ASTM A563 Standard specification for carbon and alloy steel nuts.
- ASTM F594 Stainless steel nuts.
- ASTM A153 Zinc coating (hot dip) on iron and steel hardware.
- ASTM B695 Mechanically deposited zinc coatings on iron and steel.
- ASTM F1941 Electrodeposited coatings on threaded fasteners (Zinc plating).
- ASTM F2329 Zinc coating, hot dip, for bolts, screws, washers, nuts, and special threaded fasteners.
- ASTM A615 Deformed and plain carbon steel bars for concrete reinforcement.
- ASTM A706 Deformed and plain low alloy steel bars for concrete reinforcement with enhanced weldability.
- ASTM A36 Carbon steel shapes, plates, and bars in general structural purposes.
- ASTM A572 High strength, low-alloy structural steel shapes, plates, and bars.
- ASTM A588 High strength, low-alloy structural steel improved atmospheric corrosion resistance.
- ASTM F844 Unhardened, general purpose, flat washers.
- ASTM F436 Hardened steel washers.
- ASTM F959 Compressible washer type direct tension indicators (DTIs) in diameters 1/2 to 1-1/2 inches
- ASTM F2437 Compressible washer type direct tension indicators (DTIs) in diameters 1/4 to 2-1/2 inches
The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials is an organization that sets standards for highway design and construction. Most AASHTO standards are direct equivalents to existing ASTM standards.
- AASHTO M164
- AASHTO M253
- AASHTO M291
- AASHTO M314
- AASHTO M292
- AASHTO M232
- AASHTO M293
SAE International (Society of Automotive Engineers) is a standards development organization with fastener specifications that apply to the aerospace, automotive, and commercial vehicle industries. SAE bolts are also used in machinery, equipment, and OEM applications.
SAE J429 Mechanical and material requirements for externally threaded fasteners.
SAE J995 Mechanical and material requirements for steel nuts.
Canadian Standards Association
CSA G40.21 Structural quality steel shapes, plates, and bars.
Standard ASME/ASTM - Bolts
|ASTM A193||ASTM A307||ASTM A320||ASTM A325||ASTM A354||ASTM A449|
|ASTM A490||ASTM A638||
|ASTM F593||ASTM F1554|
ASTM Specifications For Bolt Fasteners
|A193||Alloy steel and stainless steel bolting materials for high temperature or high pressure service.|
|A307||Carbon steel bolts and studs, 60,000 psi tensile strength.|
|A320||Alloy steel and stainless steel bolting materials for low temperature service.|
|A325||Structural bolts, steel, heat treated, 120/105 ksi minimum tensile strength.|
|A354||Quenched and tempered alloy bolts, studs, and other externally threaded fasteners.|
|A449||Quenched and tempered steel bolts and studs for general use.|
|A490||Structural bolts, alloy steel, heat treated, 150 ksi minimum tensile trength.|
|F568||Standard for metric bolts, screws and studs that are used in general engineering applications|
|F593||Stainless steel bolts, hex cap screws, and studs.|
|F1554||Anchor bolts designed to anchor structural supports to concrete foundations.|
ASTM Specifications For Nut Fasteners
|A194||Standard Specification for Carbon and Alloy Steel Nuts for Bolts for High Pressure or High Temperature Service|
|A563||Standard Specification for Wrought Cobalt-20Nickel-20Chromium-3.5Molybdenum-3.5Tungsten-5Iron Alloy for Surgical Implant Applications|
|A594||Standard Specification for Stainless Steel Nuts , Corrosive service applications|
|F467||Standard Specification for Nonferrous Nuts for General Use , general use|
ASTM Specifications For Washers
|F436||Specification for Hardened Steel Washers , carbon steel, steel, washers, weathering steel, Hardened steel washers|
|F844||Standard Specification for Washers, Steel, Plain (Flat), Unhardened for General Use|
|F959||Standard Specification for Compressible-Washer-Type Direct Tension Indicators for Use with Structural Fasteners|